Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Matane





Best Time Ever.



Tokyo Tower


...And so ends an era in my life. It's hard to believe it's over. I knew I'd have to wake from the dream eventually, but that does little to relieve the sting. I'd become quite comfortable in Tokyo...to the point where it felt like all I'd ever known. Will I ever be back? I hope so. I now feel such a strong bond with Japan, and there are certain elements I'll never forget.



Studio Ghibli Museum




Shinjuku

Mika

Tokyo Disney w/ Jae

But through it all, I know I must return to reality, and let this fantasy world become just another part of my life. What breaks my heart most is that the further I get away from it, I'm sure it will feel more and more like a dream...or perhaps just some story I read about or some movie I watched. Though it only took up 4 months, I can safely say it has been the most important experience of my 20 years thus far. Living on my own in a foreign land allowed me to do significant soul-searching, and helped me realize what it is exactly that I want and need in life. It also gave me more self-confidence in all manner of things from surviving unknown regions to dealing with potentially nightmarish public transportation. Thank you, Tokyo, for all that you've given me and shown me, I know for certain that I'm a much older and understanding man than when I left the States.



Journey's End. Back Home.

1 comment:

  1. Useful blog, go to "nursingstikes", "stikeshealthnurse", "http://stikeshealthnurse.blogspot.com"

    Follow my blog and chatbox
    Barter link, follow, chatbox please.

    ReplyDelete